Power Systems Operations was engaged by Puget Sound Energy (PSE) to deploy its VERA Communicator product to meet the new pseudo-tie requirements of the NERC Reliability Standards.
The solution PSO delivered included a selection of tools from its VERA Product Suite, all based around a configurable dashboard implemented via VERA Communicator. The solution streamlines, automates, and greatly increases the PSE’s capabilities for monitoring and adjusting NERC pseudo-tie tags by:
- Automating the process of making after-the-fact adjustments to pseudo-tie tags to match actual physical schedule value, including the ability to automatically submit the adjustments.
- Enabling real-time adjustments to future tag hours to match updated forecasts.
- Visually alarming hourly values when they differ from the actuals by more than the NERC INT-004 defined thresholds.
- Sending nightly e-mail audit reports for the previous week that highlight where tag values differed from actuals by any amount.
- Enabling unlimited retention of NERC Tag data.
“When PSE first approached us about providing a NERC pseudo-tie tagging solution, we knew that our VERA Product Suite was an excellent fit for the project, and we’re pleased to have provided a solution that solves their immediate requirements while being adaptable to address their future needs,” said Vicki Vanderburg, President, Power Systems Operations. “It’s always a great feeling to surpass expectations and have our clients be pleasantly surprised by the additional value – in terms of streamlined data processing and presentation – that VERA solutions bring to their organizations.”